Monday, August 15, 2011

All the Father is Doing

God the Father is constantly at work. John 5 tells us He is doing things. “For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing.” And much of what the Father is doing, you and I cannot see.

As I contemplate the fact that God is constantly doing things, my heart stirs. Something is changing deep inside. My faith re-kindles. My perspective radically alters. And I am more willing to wait on God because I believe He has a plan bigger and better and far greater than I could ever dream up (which includes heaven too).

Because if God is constantly at work, then I can trust Him even when I cannot see. Or when a prayer seemed unanswered. Or a loss rips my heart. Or when God may seem silent. I can lay it at the feet of Jesus, like I did last week, knowing that He is wholly faithful and true, and believing that He will work according to His good and perfect will. I can trust. And trust is the backbone of waiting on God.

Since God is constantly at work, I can also step forward in faith as His Spirit prompts. That is partnering with God in doing something that may or may not make sense to me, that may or may not be convenient, but it is something He wants to do and He is prompting me through His Spirit to simply do it.

The Father is at work. The Son is at work. Believe. Trust.      

No comments:

Post a Comment